Ten attributes of a good Scrum Master
Attributes of a good scrum master
Being a good scrum master and becoming a great agile leader takes discipline, patience and practice. It's not a journey to be the master of servants, but rather a journey to master Human Whispering.
- The willingness to step up and challenge teams to guide them onto the right direction
- Courage to confront, don't be afraid to challenge old paradigms or set high benchmarks
- Scrum master position comes with power and a good scrum master knows when to leverage that power as the quality champion, team protector and ego power flouting
- They have done the training course, not because that gives them a certification but because it gives them an agreed base for what scrum is, alliance and support
- The ability to stick to your (scrum process) guns even when the going gets tough
- Maintains good morale among the team, recognises poor morale and nips it in the but!
- Creates momentum and has the ability to protect the momentum to be continuously sustained
- Understand the balancing of when to step in and when to step out
- Constantly learning and upon to mentoring and feedback
- Patience for people to not just understand the process but to 'be agile'